Menu

Kemnay School

Page under development

From Duncan Downie – “Where the Old Schoolhouse now stands was the Parish School. The master from 1820 – 1857 was Andrew Stevenson who had been coached by the local minister in preparation to go to college when the school became vacant in 1820 following the death of Charles Dawson. Despite his lack of formal education he built up the school, both academically and physically until it was acknowledged as a centre of excellence throughout the land. [See ‘Tales o’ the Maisters’ ISBN 1 899966 00 5].”